Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Oakland educate children in the Catholic faith and nurture their minds, bodies, and souls, inspiring them to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ, achieve their highest academic and creative potential, and actively serve and enrich the community.
Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Oakland provide a 21st century Catholic education that is academically excellent, accessible, affordable, and financially viable for any family that desires a Catholic education for their children.
Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Oakland:
- Are an integral part of the Church’s mission to teach young people how to live and proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Serve any family that desires a Catholic education for their children
- Build a community of faith among home, school and parish
- Partner with parents and guardians in educating children in the Catholic faith
- Engage students in a rigorous and challenging curriculum that supports high levels of student achievement
- Provide vibrant, innovative, 21st century learning environments where students are given frequent opportunities to think critically, problem solve, and work collaboratively
- Foster self-esteem, leadership, and personal responsibility in safe, healthy and respectful learning environments
- Respond to the unique needs and talents of each student
- Embrace cultural diversity, reflective of the world in which our students will live and work
- Prioritize the needs of the poor, marginalized, and vulnerable in instruction and service
- Honor the unique identity of each school while acting as a collaborative community to ensure the vitality and viability of all schools