Our schools provide before and after school care. We offer a range of programs: homework support, enrichment opportunities, and structured safe environment for social development. Please visit the website of your prospective school to determine the extended care available.
The objectives for our extended learning programs include:
- Affecting the well-being and development of young children by providing an emotionally and physically safe environment during the out-of-school hours.
- Impacting the academic development and achievement of students by offering monitored practice time while assisting with homework; targeting tutoring to address gaps in the students’ skill development; and providing experiential, hands-on application of California state standards, all in alignment with the instructional day.
- Connecting young people to one another, to caring adults, to the neighborhood, and to the greater community, by providing opportunities for leadership, input into program design and implementation, decision making, and service learning.
- Involving children, staff, families, the community, and other stakeholders in a double-loop cycle of continuous improvement, providing us with 360-degree input and feedback to ensure that we are meeting the needs of students.
- Creating an environment that propels children toward participating fully in the American Dream by reflecting on the past, exploring the present, and inventing the future.